Kelly grew up in San Diego, California and attended the University of California, Los Angeles, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology with a specialization in Business and Administration. She received her Juris Doctor degree from the Arizona State University College of Law. While in law school, Kelly served as an extern with the City of Scottsdale Prosecutor’s Office and with the Honorable Daniel E. Nastro of the Maricopa County Superior Court. Prior to joining Dyer Bregman & Ferris, PLLC (f/k/a Dyer & Ferris, LLC), Kelly worked as an associate attorney with Black & Portney, PLC and as a partner with Black & Kral, PLC.
Kelly has been practicing law in Arizona for over 20 years and represents individuals, private fiduciaries, and Trust companies with regard to guardianships, conservatorships, decedent estates, trust administration, elder law, and special needs planning.
In 2011, Kelly founded the Probate Lawyers Assistance Project (PLAP), which is a pro bono organization that provides free legal advice to eligible low-income individuals who need assistance with Probate Court matters. The program is co-sponsored by the State Bar of Arizona, the Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section of the Maricopa County Bar Association, and the Volunteer Lawyers Program of Community Legal Services.
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona
- Probate & Trust Section
- Elder Law, Mental Health & Special Needs Planning Section
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Section
- PLAP Liaison to the Estate Planning, Probate & Trust Section Board
- Co-Director of the Probate Lawyers Assistance Project (PLAP)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Academy of Special Needs Planners (ASNP)
Professional Recoginitions & Awards
- Selected as the Attorney of the Month in January 2005 by the Maricopa County Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Selected as one of the State of Arizona’s Top 50 Pro Bono Attorneys for 2006 by The Arizona Foundation for Legal Services and Education
- Selected as the 2015 Robert R. Mills Member of the Year by the Maricopa County Bar Association.
- Selected as the 2019 Attorney of the Year for the Probate Lawyers Assistance Project
- Arizona State University College of Law, Tempe, Arizona, J.D., 1998
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.: Sociology with a Specialization in Business and Administration, 1993
- United States District Court, District of Arizona